Saturday, June 10, 2017

NBA 2k18 News

2kTV laid out a lot of new information on us regarding NBA 2k18, from archetype expansion to possibly no more green releases. As fan of greens I have mixed emotions, who doesn’t love to see a green light? It’s like a pat on the back for taking higher percentage shots. However, with how much disdain I have for NBA 2k17 shot meter, anything is better than we what we have now. Check on my newest video regarding the latest episode of NBA 2KTV. 


I want to really touch on the Archetype expansion. I’m not a fan of 2k17 archetypes at all, they are just too limited, especially for people like myself who prefer a more of a balanced all around player, especially for mypark where I spend a good amount of time ( I play over 2000 park games per year). I can understand why they implicated caps for multiplayer, but as a fan of Mycareer I hate it. We can’t fully create an NBA superstar because of those caps. When you look at a James harden, or Kevin Durant and compare their caps to your own, you can clearly see how trash these caps are. I have been saying this for some time, there needs to be some kind of separation for Mycareer and Park/ProAM. There should be NO limitation in mycareer. Although I’m not a fan of the archetypes hearing that they are expanding is keeping hope alive that we won’t be stuck with a one way player again. Hopefully they execute the archetype system much better than they did in NBA 2k17. 

LD2k touched on myteam as well as other modes like Myleague. I'm a HUGE fan of myleague and spend a good amount of time playing the mode.
The fact that it sounds like it will be getting a face lift is a good thing to hear. As for as Myteam, they definitely can improve, a TON. We need daily challenges, weekly is not enough. I prefer more solo on Myteam, and the fact that if someone rage quit it give you an L is a huge turn off for me, 2k logic. Multiplayer MT is just not fun for me personally anyway. I enjoy the challenges and domination more. It would be good if they add the blacktop to single player myteam to go against friends or CPU. The challenges also need to have less lineup restrictions
It's still pretty early on the 2k18 news tip, but we can definitely get a glimpse of where the franchise is heading, stay tune for more.