Saturday, June 10, 2017

NBA live 18 NEW Archetypes!



Uploading and blogging back to back? 2k and EA has a brotha working over time today! 
EA released a new NBA Live 18 trailer. My first reaction was, FIRE. I saw new hairstyles, ultra  realistic courts, new moves, and better graphics. EA also officially confirmed there WILL be a demo and it’s dropping in August. I don’t know about y’all but I wish August was tomorrow, because I’m ready to get my hands on a new basketball game.  Now this is just a teaser trailer and I’m sure like me you have a tone of questions and want to see some live footage. Check out my new video reaction!


I personally am looking forward to finding out about the career story, I’m a career player aside from being active in the park. Sometimes I just like to chill alone and enjoy the game. EA has been lacking on the career story since, well the beginning of Live. But with games like fight night champion and FIFA 17 we know that EA has the ability to give a fire immersive story. Come on EA, we know you have it in you! 

Let’s get into the meat and potatoes of what’s NBA Live 18 player build is going to be like. As you can see from the screens shots, we have some of the same options from live 16. Slasher, Shooter, Big man, but there’s EVEN MORE! We now  have the ability to choose play styles like back court defender, Wing scorer, Hybrid wing, the options are crazy!

Now I am not a huge fan of being stuck to one play style, I’ve said this about the poor execution of NBA 2k17 archetypes caps. Hopefully EA does not make the same mistake of having terrible caps on each of these play styles.


With all of the options in NBA live 18, I have to admit, it’s kind of overwhelming. In NBA live 16 I went with a 6’5 SG shooter from the start, stepping out of my comfort zone of always choosing a PG first, then a Center. Unfortunately on  NBA Live 16 you can only make one player and you have to delete that player in order to make a new one, major thumbs down.





 Hopefully EA will fix this with NBA live 18 and we'll be able to make multiple players. I did not like my SG shooter at all due to the fact that EA had poor execution with the shot percentages no matter how open you shot, one second I was cash the next bricking. The jumpshots overall were not great. The meter was nice, but the execution, TERRIBLE.  Lately I've been playing Live 16 a lot more. I deleted my shooter and made a 6’7 slasher PG, and I do have to admit I’ve been having a lot more fun in the game. The game still has a ton of issues, and makes me want to rage out at times, but like I said, it’s been a lot more fun than previously.
 With all of these new play styles NBA live 18 has to offer, like I said, I really hope they allow us to make more than one player. I’m so used to being a shooter, if the shooting is better, I will most likely go with that, at first. But I definitely would like to try some other play styles.
Start the count down now, August will be here before we know it. Stay tuned for more NBA live news